Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, October 11, 2013

Road Trip to New Orleans... Part 3

I kind of felt like there was a little more to say about our road trip.  I love hitting the road, and just going.  I enjoy getting in a car, plugging in the Ipod, and driving somewhere new.....

Ofter, we will plan some stops, over night stays, and then move on to the next place.

There was a lot of time in the car on this trip.

I prepared some play lists for our adventure.  One of my all time favorite bands is Cowboy Mouth, FROM New Orleans.  I had a lot of their songs on my play list for our trip south.  Also from the state is Lucinda Williams.  Her song "Lake Charles" is one of the best, and saddest songs I can think of.  There is something special about listening to music associated with an area while you are there.

Also, I was able to pick up some Zydeco stations as we moved along the roads.  I am now hooked on Rosie Ledet!

Oddly, some unexpected stops on this trip became surprise highlights.  Birmingham Alabama and Hope Arkansas were both a lot nicer than we expected.

No comments: