Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Golden Lamb Restaurant and Inn in Lebanon Ohio

I know I have talked about the Golden Lamb before, but man do I love this place.  I especially like getting to the Golden Lamb in Fall and Winter.

We spent another weekend here recently, and it is always such a great treat.  The town and the surrounding buildings have a little bit of an unreal feel to them.  This seems more like a place you once read about in a book than an actual place on a map.  If I were to imagine and try to create the perfect small town historic hotel with great upscale and antique shops around it...  I wouldn't bother.  The perfect area I described exists in Lebanon Ohio.

We drove up on a Saturday morning.  Check in wasn't until 3, but that was OK, we spent hours casually walking through the various shops nearby.  We saw some great photos, paintings, clothes, and foods that were very unique.  I will post some of the photos I took around town later, but you can easily spend a day or two just walking around the shops!

We had a nice conversation going with our waitress at the Tavern.  She told us of a couple of personal ghost sightings she had had while working!  I do love a good ghost story, but I love fun history and historic figures even more.  Check out the Golden Lambs web site for more info on the various Presidents and literary heavy weights who have stopped by.

The Golden Lamb is very cool about letting people walk around and check things out.  In fact, they leave all of their historic rooms open so any visitor can look inside.

While we were there, many locals told us about ANOTHER film that was just filmed in the Lebanon area.  This one is called "The Christmas Spirit".  I haven't been able to catch this one, but if anyone knows of a DVD release date, please let me know!












No comments: