Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Union City TN






We had a nice drive going from Owensboro to Union City Tennessee.  To be honest, I didn't know a lot about the area before the trip.  I did find a few things worth checking out though.

There is a Confederate monument we noted (more on that later).  I also found a cool coffee shop!

Our first stop in town was at Higher Ground Coffee (320 W. Reelfoot Avenue).  You know how I love small cozy coffee shops, and Higher Ground is one of those perfect coffee places.

We did notice a nice line of customers at the drive thru.  Inside, the place was exceptionally clean and comfortable.  The staff was fast and friendly too!  I would really like to visit this shop again!

Elsewhere.....  I had one of those moments where things fell apart.  My battery died on me (AND I JUST bought one 2 months earlier!)!  This delayed us by about 2 hours, causing us to retool some of our trip.  That was OK though, as we were able to spend a little more time in the friendly town of Union City.


I have to tip my hat to the kind folks at AutoZone in Union City.  Oh, and for the record, I DID NOT buy my defective battery at AutoZone.  Anyway, there was an extremely helpful young lady at this AutoZone who checked and REPLACED my battery for me!  She was amazing.  I have received a refund on the other battery AND I will be doing more business with AutoZone in general in the future.

As we had some time to kill, we walked around Union City.  People seemed nice everywhere.  Strangers came up to ask about helping with our car, others nodded and said hello as we walked by.

I did pass a store front in town advertising a local pro wresting group.  That's different entertainment for a Saturday night!

Downtown was pretty too.  I can't exactly put my finger on it.  This is a smaller town, but it had a very comfortable feel.  We liked Union City quit a bit.




 





No comments: