Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, September 29, 2014

Utica Kentucky



I wanted to mention a place I love, Utica Kentucky, again.

I drove through here the other day just to look around.  I stopped by the new post office to say hello.  I talked to a nice guy working there named Paul.  He remembered the post master at the old post office, who was my best friend Charlie's mom.

Charlie lived close by.  I went home with him a few times after school.  He lived walking distance from our school, Utica Elementary.

We bought baseball cards and candy at the little store by the school.  We had fun.

My cousin, who has passed away, used to work at the Marathon station.  I have a lot of friends who once lived in the area.

The old school building is still there.  It looks like someone has bought the property.  I saw some work trucks moving around behind it.  I still love that place, and all of my old teachers- Mr. Tanner, Ms. Hobbs, Ms. Thompson, Ms. Matthews.  My memories of the place are mostly pure joy.

I crawled out of my personal swamp there and developed legs.  That school really influenced me and I still love the Utica area.







No comments: