Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Train in La Grange Kentucky

It had been some time since my last trip to La Grange.  Its actually not that far of a drive for me, but its just out of the way enough.

Still, it is a great little town with a lot going for it.  I will write more about it in a few days, but I thought I should post some pictures of the train that literally goes through town!

According to Wikipedia, the CSX Transportation mainline goes right down Main Street!  The only other city in America that has a street running mainline is Oakland California!


I can't say enough about how cool it is to see a train going right through the street, just a few feet from parked cars, parallel with them.  There is a very retro feel to the whole experience.

Plus, La Grange has so many Mayberry-like businesses.  There is an ice cream shop, the very cool Karen's Book Barn, La Grange Coffee Roasters, etc.  This is a great area to visit for a relaxed, casual day.






No comments: