Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Plantation Jewels in Savannah Georgia

I am not a jewelry person.  I honestly can't tell the difference between any two rings.  Seriously.  I just don't feel excited or even interested in metals and stones.

Ever so often though, I find something that even catches my eye.

While in Savannah on River Rd., we found a very nice lady selling some VERY cool items.

My wife stopped when she saw some very attractive designs on small pendants.  I also noticed some broken Frozen Charlotte dolls that had been made into attractive necklaces. 

We stopped to chat with Jeanie at Plantation Jewels about what she makes and sells.

She explained that what they do is excavate at old sites around Savannah.  She finds broken bottles, dishes, etc. and she makes the pieces into really unique Savannah jewelry!

I would put a picture up of the items we purchased, but check their photos out on their site.  They are stunning, and obviously a lot of time has been put in to each piece.

Each purchase came with a card explaining the item, its approximate age, where it came from etc.  Each item she sells has a very unique story, and each item is a great, one of a kind souvenir from Savannah!

They also had a great selection of other items that one might find while excavating, including fossils and Civil War related items.

You will spend a little more at Plantation Jewels, but you will be getting an exceptionally unique item that will be treasured.  This place gets my highest endorsement. 

No comments: