Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Cassadaga, Florida


We did make a very brief stop at Cassadaga while we were driving around the state!

We drove around a bit, and stopped at the Cassadaga Hotel.  There was a friendly lady running the gift shop.  We made a few purchases and hung out a bit.  There is a nice bar inside, and we grabbed a couple of coffees for the road.  This might be a point that no one cares about, but they do have GREAT coffee!

Everyone seemed pleasant.  I did not ask much about the towns claim to fame involving having a lot of psychics or their long connection to spiritualism.  If we had more time, I would have asked more questions.

I did over hear one conversation between some locals about communicating with the dead.  The conversation sounded very serious, and, as I was involved in something else at the time, I am certain that the talk was not a put on for a tourist.

I got a sincere feeling that these guys are serious about what they do.









 

No comments: