Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, May 22, 2015

Random Thoughts on Friday

Just a few VERY random thoughts.  Some you may care about, some you may not.  Whatever.

Animal Sightings-

First off......  during our travels I have noticed some animal related things lately.  While in Tennessee, we thought we saw an armadillo.  Then we saw another one!  I guess I wasn't aware of this, but these guys have pretty firmly made their way into that state!

ALSO, while in Cincinnati (we were in the Kenmore area) I warned my buddy to watch out for a very fast moving dog.  As we watched him, and got a better look, we realized that we were watching a coyote!  We were very close to the mall there- this is not a secluded, rural area.

History-

I have been reading a lot of books on the Civil War lately.  I wasn't aware that there are SO MANY GREAT battle sites in Kentucky!  More on this topic too- but I don't think people realize all of the good history they can research locally.

Comedy-

I have been watching the oldies TV stations some lately.  Newhart is probably one of my all time favorite shows, and I could watch that stuff over and over.  If I could live in a TV show, it would be Newhart.  It was a weird show too- many of the characters were over the top.  It was like Bob was living in a Twilight Zone... or a dream.

I have been catching the old George Burns and Gracie Allen shows here and there!  This is some FUNNY stuff!  Why didn't anyone tell me about them sooner?  I've always loved Lucie, but Gracie is a LOT funnier.  Her timing is flawless, and about every other line is hysterical.  I am so glad this show is still showing in reruns.

Oh, I have to mention David Letterman!  I have always loved the guy.  I almost feel like I grew up on his show- and it is sad thinking that he won't be a late night option anymore.  Original comedy is scarce anymore.

My wife met his mom in the mid 90s at Boone Tavern.  According to her Dave's mom was very pleasant and sweet.  My wife over heard someone mention "Dave's mom" and my wife brought up the fact that Dave's Mom mentioned the Tavern in a book.  Well, a lady turned around and said, "I'm Dave's Mom!"  How cool is that?

No comments: