Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Wheeling West Virginia

Not too long ago, we visited Wheeling West Virginia!  We also spent a chunk of time exploring this area of West Virginia and nearby Ohio.

I have been in this neck of the woods before, but there is surprisingly a lot to see and do here.  There are historic sites, toy museums, restaurants, and small, interesting religious communities.

We divided our time up among Wheeling, Moundsville, Marietta, and Sugarcreek.  More on each of those places later.

A couple of things really struck me on this trip.  For one, we found some great coffee shops again!  You know how picky I am about good, unique coffee shops- and it seems that after our trip around Lake Michigan, I just stopped finding them.  I assumed all of the independent shops were gone.  Luckily, I found two that were perfect tens.

Oh, and the religious communities....  we spent time in Sugarcreek Ohio, which is populated by a large Amish community.


We have been around Amish quit a bit, and I have always admired how they do things and I have always found them friendly! 

We also visited New Vrindaban in West Virginia, which is a Hare Krishna community. 

Check out these photos of Wheeling though.  There is a lot more going on there than you might think.....







No comments: