Rockefeller Center

Rockefeller Center
Near the front of Rockefeller Center in New York City. This year's Christmas Tree is being set up at the right!

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

French Lick West Baden Museum, Indiana

I have to give a HUGE endorsement to the French Lick West Baden Museum.

This is physically a smaller museum that packs a huge punch!  AND, it is the perfect museum to complement a stay at one of the historic hotels in the area.

I won't go on and on about it, and I will try not to give away to much info on what all they have inside, but there were many items displayed that were Holly Grail type items.

In another post, I mentioned the Pluto statues that used to be at the French Lick Springs Hotel.  Well, they were donated here and they display!  Also, as to be expected, there is a great Pluto Water collection here.

This museum has a great sense of local history and I enjoyed looking through several displays of postcards and other items relating to the two legendary local hotels, and items relating to hotels that were once in the area decades ago.  A circus once was based out of the area, and there is a lot of exciting circus memorabilia here too.

I love train layouts, and one of the most impressive circus/train layouts I have ever been around is here.  Check out my photos, but they don't do the layout justice at all.  The best word that I can use to describe it is "complete".  The town, the circus tents, and the streets looked right and to scale.  The stands under the main circus tent were full- and though the small figures stood unmoving, the display felt alive.  The layout, or the museum alone would be worth the price of admission.







No comments: