Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Adventures in New York City Part 16- Leaving New York

I had mixed feelings as I left New York.  Its kind of funny, 3-4 days in any city is enough.  I was ready to get home...  I missed my wife and my Chihuahua!  AND, to be honest, I missed Kentucky.

We wanted to get to LaGuardia very early just to be safe.  We had dinner at a food court type area there that was a total nightmare.  There is a smart pad where you ordered.  A ticket is printed, then you walk to a kiosk to pay.  You then walk back to the smart pad to wait for your food.  EVERYONE was confused about where to pay....  the experience was confusing.  There was one lady calling out order numbers who acted absolutely insulted when asked about the process.  The whole thing was impersonal and confusing.

Still, LaGuardia was a comfortable place to wait for a plane.  There were plenty of seating areas, and lots of chairs.

As we took off and flew over the city, we looked out and realized we had a great, nighttime view of central park.  We knew exactly where we were and I got a great photo out of the window of the town.  Check it out!





No comments: