Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Saturday, January 9, 2021

Best Little Stories From The Civil War by C. Brian Kelly with Ingrid Smyer

I JUST finished the very fun to read book, "Best Little Stories from the Civil War" by C. Brian Kelly with Ingrid Smyer and I wanted to give it a quick thumbs up.

I have actually kept this book in my car for casual reading here and there.  Since it is a collection of all very short stories (some less than a page long), it is perfect for reading casually and at a slow pace.  This has been a great one to have handy while waiting at doctor's offices, or when I just want to go to a coffee shop and relax for an hour or two.

One of my favorite Nathan Bedford Forrest stories is in here- the one where he spares the lives of to Union soldiers because of their obvious brave attitudes while facing a firing squad.

BUT, there are a lot of other nice little quick read stories too.  PLENTY of them.  Even though each story is short, this book will take you a while to read and digest.  This isn't a quick read flimsy book.  You get your moneys worth out of it for sure.

No comments: