Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, November 4, 2016

Random Thoughts On Friday

So, I was watching the World Series....  Like everyone else.  This was one of those situations though, where I really wanted both teams to win.  I mean, how could you not want to see the Cubs win a World Series?

BUT, I lived in Cleveland for 10 years.  I have been to a lot of Indians games....  and I was even able to catch them earlier this year!  On an ironic side note, me and a buddy were planning a trip to Chicago to see the Cubs too, but that fell through.

So, I really would have loved to see the Tribe win since I have a long and somewhat personal connection to the team.

On a different note, I am not a huge TV watcher, but I really like several shows that have popped up recently.  I mentioned Timeless before, and I am really pulling for this one.  I enjoy the stories, and the effects are a lot of fun.  I really appreciate any show that goes back to some interesting historic sites and tries to recreate them.  They just had a very fun Alamo episode!

I like a couple of shows on the Syfy channel right now too.  We have been watching Aftermath- mainly giving it a try because of Anne Heche and James Tupper (we really liked Men In Trees featuring these two actors in a show totally opposite from Aftermath).  The show has a good horror vibe to it.

I'm pretty hooked on Channel Zero too also on Syfy.  This one is very weird too, and feels like a fun multipart horror movie.  Thumbs up to the Syfy Channel!

No comments: