Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, May 1, 2017

Our Place Bookstore and Gifts in Cosby Tennessee

Our Place is a gifts and bookstore in Cosby Tennessee, just a short drive outside of the main touristy area of the Great Smoky Mountains.  I heard about it not too long ago, and I knew that I had to check it out!

We arrived in the morning and found this very unique shop right off the main drag, but in a very rural area.  We walked in and were greeted by the very pleasant shop owner who asked if we wanted coffee.

I personally never turn coffee down, so I got a cup and went about looking for books.  Much of the time I was in the store, I was carrying on a very loose conversation with the lady running the place.  She talked about the fires (and the locals who helped out afterwards), the community, books, and various other topics.

We were on a bit of a time limit, so I didn't get to explore this place as much as I would have liked to, but I did find a few rare volumes that I had to have.... and I had to have some bags of the coffee I was drinking...  they sell the beans there (it was good stuff!) AND for less than $5 I picked up a honey bear of local honey.

There were a lot of bargain priced books in the shop, but I was more interested in some of the rarer offerings.  I asked about some signed books, and I was surprised at the quality selection.

For me, this is going to be a place to check with when I am looking for something more unusual.

They had a great Civil War section, and an impressive local interest area too.  That's what I am most interested in when I find a new book store.

This is a very special bookstore, with some serious character.  They care about having a great selection, but they also care about having some quality stuff too. 

If you love books like me, YOU KNOW there are some books out there....  probably older books, or maybe some odd self published book- that you have never heard of.  You have never seen it referenced, but its out there... and you want it.  Well, Our Place has that book.  For me on this visit, I found an old biography on Gutzon Borglum that nearly jumped off the shelf and into my arms!  That book lives at my house now.

Our Place is one of the most perfect bookstores I have ever come across.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Our Place is great. We stop by each time we are in the area. We never leave empty-handed.

jimerado said...

Hey Missy! Yeah, this is pretty much the perfect bookstore, and I am eager to get back there ASAP!