Rockefeller Center

Rockefeller Center
Near the front of Rockefeller Center in New York City. This year's Christmas Tree is being set up at the right!

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Seelbach Hotel- Louisville Kentucky

Another historic hotel we stopped by while in downtown Louisville was the Seelbach.  Like the Galt House, I will have to go back again on a day when I have more time.

Many famous people have stayed here, including Presidents, and gangster Al Capone.  F. Scott Fitzgerald hung out here, and the hotel served as inspiration for a hotel in his famous book, the Great Gatsby.


On a very unrelated side note.....  I do love reading the classics, but the Great Gatsby just didn't do it for me.  Maybe I need to reread it again?

We did hang out briefly at the Starbucks that is inside of the Seelbach.  Maybe I should take a copy of the Great Gatsby with me next time, and read it while there?

No comments: