Mackinac Bridge

Mackinac Bridge
Mackinac Bridge, taken from the ferry on the way to Mackinac Island.

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Draper's Restaurant at Greenbrier in West Virginia

After exploring the Greenbrier and taking the Bunker Tour, we stopped by Draper's for a late lunch.  This would be our last dining experience on our brief tour through the Virginias.  This was the perfect meal with which to end one of the most indulgent (from a culinary stand point) road trips I have ever had.

I had a huge fried green tomato sandwich myself.  They got it right.  It was the kind of thing where, I was full, and I really couldn't eat anymore, but the sandwich was so good, I couldn't stop myself!

Everyone loved their meal, and felt stuffed afterwards, but there was a homemade ice cream bar in the restaurant, so we all ordered a dessert.

LOOK at the picture of the chocolate ice cream I had!  LOOK AT IT!  THAT is the best chocolate ice cream I have ever had.  They did something special to it....  It had a cocoa tasted that really popped.  I think they may have added some cocoa powder to it after it was made.....  Whatever they did it worked.

For two of us, with ice cream and tea, we ate for around $55, and a 20% tip was added to our bill.  Also, there was another small charge added... but I have seen some large resort type places add that too (if I remember correctly, it was 2-3 dollars maybe for a historic preservation fee or something like that).  Still, for the location and for what we had, we were happy.







No comments: