Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, September 1, 2017

Random Thoughts On Friday

Not too long ago, my wife and I visited Will Knight's Spider Web Farm in Vermont.  This was one of the main attractions to Vermont, as far as I was concerned.  I was very excited about meeting Will, and buying some web art from him.

Will and his family were great, and we had a lot of fun hanging out and talking with him.  I bought a few pieces, and we were on our way.

So, I was thinking about him the other day, and sadly, I found out that he passed away a few months ago.

ALSO, Will and his family experienced more sadness even before..... as much of his work and store area had burned down.

I really have nothing else to say about it......  For those of you who enjoy travelling, and seeing (AND meeting) great roadside legends..... well, this is simply a huge loss.

He was enjoying the people visiting, and the conversation (I know we were at his place for at least a couple of hours when we went by).  I don't think he was real concerned about actually selling stuff.  He was having a good time.  AND, even though he was getting up there in years, I still figured I would be able to stop by and see him next time we were in Vermont.  He was a very youthful 90ish when we met him.  Still, I am certain that, at the end of the day, he felt like he had gotten his moneys worth.

AND, it does look like his family plans to continue his work as they are rebuilding the work area.  More web art will be made!

No comments: