Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Godfather's Pizza- Madisonville, KY

I know....  what's so special about a chain pizza place in a mall?

Well, years ago, when me and my buddies first got our driver's licenses, we were itching to go to new places.  ANY place new.  Madisonville was less than an hour drive from us.  We had always heard of it, but never been there, so we went to Madisonville.

Madisonville was smaller than Owensboro, but it was still a city big enough to have stuff going on- including a nice mall.

Going to Madisonville...  and the Madisonville Mall was something fun and new to us.  It was different.

This little Godfather's Pizza has been a constant at the mall.... at least as long as I have been going there.  I like their pizza and breadsticks.  And there is something very cozy about the dine-in area here.

Its dim with glassless windows looking into the mall.  For some reason, I think all great pizza shops should be dim.  Especially a "Godfather's" pizza.  Dim is good for...  you know, secretive conversations.  Private business.  Dark pizza places make me think of pizza places in the 80s too. 

Even now, whenever I drive through or to Madisonville, I like going to Godfather's.

I like going here for nostalgia's sake... and because I like the food.

I stopped by the other day and I thought it was cool that they had the place all decorated up for Halloween.  Check out the photos.  They did a good job.







No comments: