Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Bavarian Inn- Shepherdstown, West Virginia

I am not sure where I first read about the Bavarian Inn in Shepherdstown.  I THINK it was in the great book, "Way Out In West Virginia".

PLUS, I had heard that Nancy Reagan used to hang out here.  I thought that was pretty cool.

I have talked to people who have visited over the years, and I was really expecting a very uptight place.  I had heard that it was a little snooty, with a real formal dress code and all.

So, we thought we would stop by and check out the bar.  Well, we stopped by and found that the bar was closed.  We walked into the lobby to ask about lunch and found that the staff was super friendly, and not uptight at all.

The bar was closed, but they said we were fine to have lunch in the main restaurant, even though we weren't exactly "dressed up."

Their restaurant was pleasant.  We sat next to a very open and sunny window, looking out at the property.  We had a very pleasant waitress who was good but not intrusive.

We had amazing meals that impressed us both.

Before leaving we asked the front desk about things to do in the area and they gave us a list and some recommendations.

We had a very nice experience at the Bavarian Inn!








No comments: