Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Sunday, June 24, 2018

Gatlinburg Tennessee

We are getting to where we have to make it to the Gatlinburg area at least a time or two each year.  We love this place.

I am starting to realize that there are certain things I REALLY like doing in the area.  I like trying new things, but there are just so many things that I would feel bad if I missed.

There are a few things we have had to cut out too as time has gone by.  I LOVE the AA ballpark in Kodak.  As a fan of baseball, this is simply one of the best places to catch a game period.  However, as I have gotten older, and I am not as into baseball as I used to be...  we have stopped making a pilgrimage to see the Smokies each season.  Plus, attending a baseball game can really eat into time that can be used to take in more things while in the area.  Especially this area.

One thing that is a must in the area though, is walking the strip in Gatlinburg- seeing whats new.

There is a new ski lift operation, taking people up to another level of Gatlinburg.  That kind of makes 3 businesses doing a similar thing in town.

There are still lots of Moonshine places.  Looked like there were some impressive crowds there for tastings.








No comments: