Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, June 4, 2018

Washington Square Mall, Evansville, Indiana

I wanted to post a few pictures of the fading Washington Square Mall in Evansville Indiana.

I have talked before about how, growing up in nearby Owensboro, going to Evansville was a treat.  It was a BIG CITY by our standards.  it had TWO malls!

Washington Square Mall was always the smaller of the two malls, but I liked it the most.  They had a great arcade and a very cool music shop.  I remember a nice pet shop there at one time too.


The mall is obviously not nearly as lively now as it used to be.  There are very few businesses left.  AND, we got there pretty much as they were closing the Sears down.

I hope that some other businesses come in.  I would love to see Washington Square Mall make a comeback.





No comments: