Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Saturday, August 25, 2018

Concert Memories: Jackson Browne and John Hiatt, Nashville, TN. 8/16/1994

Seeing Jackson Browne with John Hiatt in Nashville back in 1994 was easily one of my favorite shows I got to go to when I was younger.

This was another one of those day trip/come back at 3 am shows I did in Nashville.  Lots of fun back then, but I am too old for that sort of thing now.

John Hiatt had just put out his "Perfectly Good Guitar" album, which is one of my all time favorites.  It is a great, solid album, and even at that time, I had really worn out my CD copy.  Its good stuff.  I especially like the song, "Buffalo River Home" on that one.  Hiatt played a lot of songs from that album that night, and he was easily one of my all time favorite opening acts.

Oddly, this has been the only time I have ever been able to catch Browne.  Most of my other favorites (Don Henley, 10,000 Maniacs, and Equation) I have been able to catch multiple times.

AND Jackson Browne is simply one of my all time favorites.  Probably my all time favorite, depending on which day you ask me.  I was so excited about seeing Jackson, and I really enjoyed seeing him live.  He had just put out his "I'm Alive" album, which was great too.

I remember "discovering" Jackson Browne's music in my teens.  I would hear him a lot on the classic rock stations, and ask my friends who came up in the 70s who it was.  "Jackson Browne" was starting to become a pretty common answer.

Back during my college days, Best Buy became the place to go for CDs.  They were well stocked, and you could find a lot of cool older stuff.  Anytime I had a few extra bucks, I would go to Best Buy and buy one of Jacksons CDs that I didn't already have.  I knew whichever one it was, it was going to be good.  His album "The Pretender" is probably my all time favorite album.



No comments: