Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Saturday, September 15, 2018

M. Judson Booksellers Greenville SC

On our trip through Greenville, we were lucky enough to find this GREAT little bookstore/bakery place.  I just checked, and they are two separate businesses, but I like them together.  The marriage works.  Both businesses are inside of a gorgeous building- see my top photo.

The bookstore part is M. Judson Booksellers.  First off, check out that logo.  You have a bird reading a book.  When I see a logo like that, I instantly want to see what they are selling.  AND, I want to buy a shirt or something with the logo on it.  THAT really conveys some interesting literary imagery.


Also, after getting back home, I googled around and found out that the place takes its name from Mary Camilla Judson, a very tough local lady associated with the women's college in the late 1800s and early 1900s.  She was WAY ahead of her time and very progressive.

Anyway, we stopped by here to check things out and take a break from walking around the great downtown area of Greenville.

We stepped in, and on the right once you go in, is the separate business, The Chocolate Moose Bakery and Café.  A very nice young lady helped us make a selection.  I had a sea salt chocolate chip cookie, and my wife actually had moose.  We had shared a coffee too (our bill was a VERY reasonable $8).  I had a fun chat with the young lady about collecting coffee sleeves (I am a bit of a packrat at times).  She also picked up coffee sleeves from her travels.

We sat and enjoyed our snacks for a bit, and then we looked around the bookstore part for some time.  They had a great regional section, and some other interesting books.  I ended up finding some very nice local postcards here too.

The check out counter area of the bookstore is one of the coolest things I have noticed in a bookstore in some time.  It looks like books have been stacked up to make this area!  Its hard to describe, but check out my photo at the bottom!







No comments: