Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Three Bears General Store- Gatlinburg, Tennessee



I know this might sound odd, but we went to Three Bears General Store in Gatlinburg the other day for the first time.  Several of my friends and co-workers seemed to think I was joking when I said that....  they figured that, at some point in our travels, we surely would have gone there.  Apparently it is one of the first things you are supposed to do in the area.

There IS SO MUCH to do in the area though....  I think it is understandable that someone who has been down so many times might miss one of the main attractions.

Three Bears is a HUGE store in an area with a ton of smaller similar stores....  But this is really over the top.  Their prices and selection were better than most for sure.  AND I literally saw people getting lost in this place.  It is that big.

And, for a few bucks you can see their bears... and you can feed them too.  There is a large caged in area here.  Check out my photos.

I did google around, and, as you might expect, this place has attracted some controversy around their caged bears.


But, I found a lot of praise for this place too.  A friend of mine actually told me a story about meeting the owner once, and they were exceptionally nice.

Anyway, here are a few photos!


No comments: