Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Boone Tavern Hotel in Berea Kentucky

We are getting to where about once a year, we spend a nice weekend hanging out at Boone Tavern.

I know I have talked about this some here before, but I worked there briefly while attending Berea College in the 90s.  I literally met my future wife here so it is a very special place to us.

My wife spent her entire college career working at the Tavern, and loved it.  She was a student manager, and she would launch that into a very successful career in the hotel industry that she still enjoys today.


Back in the 90s, getting a job at Boone Tavern was a little chaotic.  You had to work hard there.  I remember many weekends working dinner on Friday, then two meals Saturday and Sunday.  You felt like you barely had time to study or eat.  Looking back on it, it was actually an honor to work at such a cool, historic place.

AND, when we go back now, I think about my time working there, and it really makes me happy.

It is one of the more historic hotels in Kentucky.  Students still do a lot of the work there.

As I think about it, it might be the most historic hotel in the state.... though a few arguments might be made by some Louisville hotels.

They have done a lot of upgrades to the place, and inside, it feels much more modern than some other older hotels.  If you were there in the 90s, I am sure you remember the elevator with the very old gate covering it.  It really felt like an OLD elevator from forever ago.  It is updated now.

Our stay this time was very nice.  We had a room on the corner.  Looking out one window we could see the church and the Alumni building- out another window we could see other parts of campus.

Here are some photos of our room, and around the rest of the place.








No comments: