Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, May 31, 2019

Mammoth Cave Post Office in Mammoth Cave National Park

I stopped by the post office at Mammoth Cave to get a couple of postmarks for my collection!

I encountered another cool post office employee here (MOST POs are ran by cool people who love local history) in Felecia Janes!

Felicia showed me several cool items from her collection relating to Kentucky and Mammoth Cave!  She told me some cool stories about legends who have stopped by the cave, including Elton John!

She also knew a lot about the only President to visit the cave, Ronald Reagan!  In fact, she had a VERY COOL personal story relating to Reagan and his visit!  You should stop by and ask her to tell it to you!

I TOTALLY missed out on getting something postmarked inside of the cave in 2016 (I'm gonna have to keep an eye on ebay for that one).  Anyway, stop by the post office next time you are in the area and get an actual Mammoth Cave postmark on your postcards!



No comments: