Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Saturday, August 3, 2019

"Secret Louisville" by Kevin Gibson

I received "Secret Louisville: A Guide to the Weird, Wonderful, and Obscure" by Kevin Gibson recently and I really enjoyed this one.,  I find myself in Louisville a lot, and this book included several things that were off of my radar.  AND, the copyright on the book is 2017, so it is a pretty updated book too!

There are the entries you might expect in a book like this (there's a shoe tree, stories about ghosts, and contested food birth sites).  There are some great lesser known obscurities too, like a (staged) crashed airplane, lots of caves and caverns, and cemeteries.

Each entry gets a couple of pages, and there are about 100 entries here, so this is a nice book to pick up if you enjoy exploring Louisville!

No comments: