Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Margaritaville Resort in Gatlinburg, Tennessee

We stepped inside of the Margaritaville Resort in Gatlinburg, which just opened up!

I'm not sure if the Jimmy Buffett vibe is the vibe I want while in the Smoky Mountains, but it kinda fits...  even if this isn't exactly an ocean front resort....

Still, the hotel looked nice!  There are birds and lots of places to lounge around.

They had a very clean looking snack restaurant area at the front that wasn't crowded.  It was lunch time...  AND I saw that they had shrimp tacos, so we ordered!  I love shrimp tacos anytime!

There was a very nice lady running the restaurant area who was great!  She talked about her brief time at the new resort and she loved it.

She confirmed that she had never met Jimmy Buffett and she didn't think that he had ever been to the Gatlinburg resort personally.

I was glad to hear some Van Morrison being played over the resorts speakers.  I thought surely JB's greatest hits would be played constantly, but I was wrong.

I went through a phase where I really loved Jimmy....  I listened to him a lot.  AND, Margaritaville is a great song..  great music and brilliant lyrics.  In fact, I have listened to the song so much that I never want to hear it again.

They did have TVs up constantly showing people wearing cheap plastic accessories and acting like they were having a great time.  The people were shown in slow motion.  Maybe they were at a Jimmy Buffett concert, or a resort....  I don't know.  I might have thought they were at a sporting event but I don't think any of them were holding up one finger in the air.

This was an interesting new place in the area though.  It is right on the strip, and I would definitely think about staying here at some point.




No comments: