Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Sunday, February 25, 2024

"Horror Guide to Florida" by David Goudsward and Scott T. Goudsward

"Horror Guide to Florida" was ANOTHER great bargain I found underpriced at Half Price Books!

David and Scott T. Goudsard have put together a strange and great reference for horror fans visiting Florida.  They haven't over saturated the book with a ton of mainstream horror movies either.  There are lots of literary and real life places mentioned.

Interestingly, they cover fictitious Florida towns from film and literature too!

This is just a good reference book for road trippers to keep on their shelf.  Being me, I read it straight through taking notes.  On my next Florida road trip, I will now be looking for filming locations seen in the Creature from the Black Lagoon Films....  I can take an air boat tour associated with a couple of horror films, and I can look for locations used in Edward Scissorhands!

I also learned about a cult now associated with a state park!

I learned some interesting Florida related facts concerning Maurice Gibb (and a score he did for a movie) and Stephen King.  Also, as the authors discuss literature, I have added some interesting books to my reading list!

This is just a very uniquely done book....  I admire it's originality.  It gets my highest possible recommendation

No comments: