Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Sunday, November 10, 2019

West Baden Bagel Bistro in Indiana

It was a casual 5 minute walk (I timed it) from the front steps of the West Baden Springs Hotel to the West Baden Bagel Bistro in West Baden Indiana.  We noticed this little place when we drove in to town and knew we should give it a try.

So, we walked over one morning and grabbed a couple of sandwiches!

There was a VERY nice young couple running the place and they were super friendly.  As there are a few Star Wars toys on the shelves, I talked to one of them about the toys I had when I was a kid.  Somehow, that conversation evolved into a discussion of music.

Anyway, it was early, but their hot beef bagel sounded REALLY interesting.  For around $20, we got a coffee, a tea, and two bagel sandwiches.

I really enjoyed my coffee.  They have one of the neatest sugar and cream areas I have ever seen (full jars of sugar and sugar in the raw were nice to see!).

I can honestly say that the roast beef bagel was the BEST roast beef sandwich I have ever had.  It had onions and a horseradish thing going on that was really nice.  We went back the morning before we left town, and I wanted to try something different, but I had to get the roast beef again.

I kept some water handy, but drinking it with a hot coffee kinda created some heat in my head.

The shop is in an old historic building (former hotel) in town and there are some cute shops connected to the Bagel Bistro (including the previously mentioned CJs Boutique).  It looks like there are also some apartments in the same building.

There is a part of me that almost fantasizes about how cool it would be to live at a place like that!  You could get great bagel sandwiches all the time, live in a historic old building, and walk the grounds of West Baden Springs whenever!

WBBB had bookshelves with old board games and books on them.  There was an area with some old video games on a TV, and there was a cool fuss-ball coffee type table.

Even with these touches, the place was uncluttered and clean.You can tell that these guys care about what they are doing!

They asked us a couple of times how the sandwiches were, and they thanked us for coming in again on the second day we went in.

You know, I really love hanging out at the resorts here in town.  I have had some great meals at those places, and I will again- but make sure you stop here when you are in the area.....  In fact, if I were doing a day trip to the area, and I only had time for one meal....  this would be the place I would want to eat at.

They are breakfast and lunch oriented, they open at 8 and close around 2 I think.  They DO open at 8am on Sundays though....  and that might help fill out a nice Sunday day trip to the area.

Anyway, you know West Baden Bagel gets my highest possible recommendation!  I can't wait to stop by here again!





No comments: