Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Shopping In Indianapolis at Keystone Crossing


 I think I have mentioned before that my wife and I have a November/December tradition of going to Indianapolis at some point before Christmas.  This started a LONG time ago. 

We met friends there one year around Thanksgiving.  We realized a year or two later that Indianapolis is a great town, and they REALLY enjoy Christmas there!  We knew that getting to Indy each year around the holidays should be a tradition for us..  and it now is!



Sure, we have missed a year or two here and there.  AND we have retooled how we do things some.  For a long time, we would go over Thanksgiving weekend, and we would stay downtown.  Now we try to get there for a day trip or we stay in the Keystone area for a nice weekend trip.

This year we couldn’t do any sort of an overnight visit, but we did squeeze in a day trip.  We made the most of our day, but we couldn’t get downtown, and we didn’t get to make it to the Greenwood area.

WE DID make it to the Keystone Fashion Mall though!  I know it might sound lame, but my wife and I REALLY love this mall.  Its special to us.  Like I said before, we have been coming here a lot since we first got married.  The mall has changed a lot, but it has stayed consistently nice and classy. 

 It is a very upscale mall (there is a Tesla dealership inside).  They have nice restaurants and nice shops.  I can honestly say that it is a mall that I enjoy hanging out at.

So, early on a recent Saturday, we drove to town.  If you love books, this is a great area to visit too, as Indy has several Half Price Books, and there is a great Barnes and Nobles right by the mall.  

We hit a Half Price books first, and found several nice books we were looking for, and we found some nice gifts too!  I always go to the local interest section at any book store.  I found a few more nice books on Indianapolis…  more on those later.  They had several copies of books by my pal Alan Hunter, who has written THE book on Indianapolis Haunts.  In fact, they had 2 copies of his “Indianapolis Haunts” book at the bargain price of $4.99!  I bought both and they will make great gifts. 

We stopped by the Barnes and Nobles next.  They also had a great local interest section, though, unfortunately, they did not have any of Alan’s books.

We went on to the Keystone Fashion Mall.  We arrived early enough that there was plenty of parking, this would change later in the day…  and I am sure it won’t be the case over the next few weeks.

My wife has several stores she likes a lot here.  We visited them all.

We found a REALLY cute little seasonal pop up store called  Becker Supply Co.  They had some cute nature type shirts, stickers and other outdoorsy items.

One of the highlights of our day was getting to go by David’s Tea again.  Man, do we love their stuff.  We bought some nice teas for us and for some friends.  They make interesting drinks there too…  So we each got one and then had a seat in a nice little relaxing area at the mall.  It was very nice just enjoying our teas and relaxing in the mall.


Well, there is a new one now.  I am sure he will be doing a great job, just like the Santa before him.  They had a very cute set up where kids had to walk through a Christmas tree to see Santa.

We had lunch at the cozy and warm small sit down restaurant Napolese.  They are big on very fresh ingredient pizzas.  I had a very nice one called a “Woodstock” for the Peanuts character.  My wife had a salad.  The food was above average.  The seating area is a bit small though.  I would probably not even try to get a seat here on a busy day.








No comments: