Mackinac Bridge

Mackinac Bridge
Mackinac Bridge, taken from the ferry on the way to Mackinac Island.

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Concert Memories: The Pretenders, Akron, OH. 02/28/2000

While working in Akron Ohio in the very late 90s/early 00s, I was able to catch a Pretenders show!

I went with several co-workers to this one and we had a great time.  We actually worked just a short walk from the venue, so we walked to the show after work!

This was kind of a big deal at the time too, because, even though Chrissie Hynde was from Akron, I think this was the first time the Pretenders actually played IN Akron.

I do remember Chrissie Hynde being her usual self with a rock-n-roll chip on her shoulder.  I remember someone putting flowers on the stage for her, and her kicking them off.  I also remember her talking VERY openly about the drug influenced deaths of 2 other founding members of the band.

The Pretenders played all of their hits, and I really remember having a great time seeing them on this night.

No comments: