Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Thursday, January 23, 2020

Our South Dakota, Nebraska and a Few Other States Road Trip

 So, we are home and recovering from a massive road trip driving around several cool sites in South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, and Indiana.  It was one really fun time!

This was somewhat of a redo trip from one we did in 2012.  We had a great time on that trip, and we have simply been itching to get back out to the area.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we got back out there again in the next few years!

Its a nice drive out to South Dakota.  Driving and traffic aren't bad, roads are open, and there is a lot to see!

We did have to do things a little different on this trip though.  Last time, we included the town of Deadwood, and we also made it to Devils Tower.  We would have loved to do those sites again, but, from a budgeting our time standpoint, we just couldn't.

We had a REAL issue with caves on this trip too!  They were all closed!  Like, all of them.  More on that later, but we struck out going underground.

We were able to visit my all time favorite coffee chain, CARIBOU!  When we lived in Cleveland, I went to Caribou coffee all the time!  Unfortunately, the chain has pulled out of a lot of areas (including Ohio).  They are out west though, and I got my fill!

I was also able to spend a little bit of time at a college I went to BRIEFLY in Nebraska- Midland!  I will tell that story a little later, but I spent a COLD January on that campus.  I had a good time though!  Good peeps.

AND, you can't go to this area without a proper visit to Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse!  We did both carvings again!

THIS TIME, we did do a bus tour through the Black Hills, spending a day with Fort Hayes & Mt. Rushmore Tours.....  LOTS more on that later, but we had a really fun time with those guys.

Anyway, here are just a few pictures from our adventures....





No comments: