Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, January 27, 2020

Outlaw Tales of....... by TD Griffith

As we planned out our trip to South Dakota, I was itching to read some books about cowboys and outlaws in the area.

I found a couple of great books by TD Griffith that really satisfied that need!  "Outlaw Tales of South Dakota" and "Outlaw Tales of Nebraska" were really enjoyable books to get me in a mood for our road trip!

These two books go together like...  well Nebraska and South Dakota.  Also, I have always linked these two states together, like siblings.  In my brain they are connected tighter than the two Dakotas.

Oh, and check out the great covers on both!  I know my bad photo doesn't do them justice, but each book has a beautifully painted front.  Check 'em out!

So, each book contains around a dozen short stories about outlaws in the state.  Most have a very "old west" vibe going on, though each book ends with a somewhat more modern tale (think 40s and 50s).  Horse races, hanging, card games and prostitutes are all over the books.



No comments: