Mackinac Bridge

Mackinac Bridge
Mackinac Bridge, taken from the ferry on the way to Mackinac Island.

Friday, April 10, 2020

Kentucky Folk Art Center in Morehead Kentucky

Have you been to the Kentucky Folk Art Center in Morehead?  I went for the first time myself the other day!

I remember seeing a Kentucky Life that mentioned the somewhat obscure museum.  We checked it out recently.

I guess my expectations were low.  I mean, folk art is art by untrained artists.

We were absolutely blown away by the art though.  There were some truly inspired pieces.

Plus, there were cards beside the work with information about the artists.  That obviously adds to the story of the art.

There were two floors packed full of art.  Admission is the super low price of FREE too!

I really enjoyed some work by an artist who is color blind.  Some works were really slick- I would have assumed that the artists were well trained.

In the gift shop you could buy some art pieces from some of the featured artists.  I also saw stuffed animals based on some of the works.  There were nice books showing the art too.  I was glad to pick up a few postcards showing the folk art.









No comments: