Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, January 1, 2021

"Wicked Indianapolis" by Andrew E. Stoner

On my last adventure through the Circle City, I picked up "Wicked Indianapolis" by Andrew J. Stoner....  a book about, well, wicked things that have happened in or connected to Indianapolis.

I have to say that I have found some of the "Wicked" books a bit hit or miss.....  but this one is solid.

AND, I have read Stoner before- his "Notorious 92:  The Most Infamous Murder From Each of Indiana's 92 Counties" is a really interesting work.  In fact, I know I have owned 2 copies that I have let friends borrow.  I have no idea where those copies are now. 

But I read "Wicked Indianapolis" in no time.  I was impressed that the author was able to link some crazy celebrity moments to Indianapolis.  Michael Jackson and Mike Tyson had some very bad moments in town.  I loved Chris Farley, but I had forgotten about his dark moment in Indianapolis (not to mention I had forgot that the area had a Planet Hollywood...  briefly).

Also, I am not a racing fan, but I did not know about all of the deaths that have occurred at the Indianapolis 500.  I was unaware of some of the bigger political scandals that have gone down in the city.

I wanted to mention that Stoner covers a LOT of ground in under 140 pages.  Each crime/criminal covered gets about 2-3 pages.  He gives the important details and gets on to the next tragedy. 

No comments: