Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Dr. Ugs and Hand of Fate Brewing Company Petersburg, Illinois

People told us that Dr. Ugs Cafe (in the same location with Hand of Fate Brewing Company) would be a perfect place to stop for lunch.  They were right.

I had a great wrap and my wife had a salad.  We also had some soft pretzels with beer cheese.  This was a great meal, and we could tell the ingredients were nice and fresh.  Our meals weren't drowned in dressing or anything.  This was a nice, quality lunch.

The place has a vibrant, re-purposed vibe.  I assume a drug store was here before, because it feels like it.

I was also glad to see a lot of locals coming through!  This place is popular!  The staff and the locals were all friendly and having a good time.

Dr. Ugs is slick and just nice all around.  Being the only business of its kind in the area, you might think that they could get by on average effort, but they aren't here.  Its clean, neat and attractive and they should be proud of what they have going on.


The "Hand of Fate Brewing Company" really compliments the business.  They have some great logos, and I picked up some stickers, and a 6 pack of their beer for a buddy who has helped out around our house lately.  I would have got a shirt, but they were out of my size.

The name and concept comes from the story of the town founders picking the name of Petersburg in a card game.

This is just a cool business in a cool city and I will be stopping by whenever I'm in the area.






No comments: