Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Saturday, July 18, 2020

"An Obvious Fact: A Longmire Mystery" by Craig Johnson

let me just admit upfront that I picked this book up at a Half Price Books because it was cheap, and because I liked the Devil's Tower cover.  Yes, economics sometimes dictate my book buying choices.

HOWEVER.....  this is just a darn good book!  Like, really, really good.  AND, I am mostly not a fan of modern fiction.

I know that Longmire is a popular TV show, but I have never seen it.  I plan to now though, after I got some other shows I want to watch out of the way.  We tend to watch a complete series at my house, then we start another one.  Not at one sitting of course, but over a long period of time.

Anyway, Craig Johnson's "An Obvious Fact" was just a fun read.  It is about 300 pages, but it has a nice flow, and you can knock it out in no time.

The story is interesting, the characters are vivid and believable.....  It is very easy to visualize whats going on as you read Johnson.

Sheriff Longmire, a couple of friends and a dog are investigating the serious injuring of a young man on a motorcycle near Devil's Tower.  Lots of other interesting characters show up, as the Motor Cycle Rally is going on.  An ex-girlfriend, a biker gang, and a drunk viking all complicate things.  A possible family connection to the biker makes the situation even more interesting.


No comments: