Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

"Now You Know Nashville" by Mason Douglas

I wanted to give a quick endorsement to a nice travel guide I found recently.  I picked up "Now You Know Nashville" by Mason Douglas and I REALLY like this one.  I read it through, and I will be keeping it around as a nice reference.

This is a bit of a down and dirty guide.  Douglas lists addresses of various country music stars homes, he talks about where big music deals went down, and he does venture some outside of the Nashville area.  The book is very music focused (the author admits he is specifically a big fan of Garth Brooks, and the book shows that) but he gets in to local history too.

I liked reading about the areas connections to Lexington's Jim Varney and also reading about the famous graves in town.

No comments: