Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, October 9, 2020

Random Thoughts on Friday: Hotels on our trip 2020

So its 2020 and I have been really interested in how things are changing and evolving with Covid.  Honestly, I am sick of hearing media reports, commercials, clichés about "getting through this together", etc., etc......  BUT, I am fascinated when I do go out and see how norms are changing......  especially on a regional level.

We DID stop by a few malls on this trip.  We ended up staying at 4 different hotels (one twice).  We ate at several restaurants.


MOST every business had a "masks required" sign up (though, we did notice some "strongly recommended" signs), but we saw NONE strictly enforcing that.  Hotels and malls both had a mix of mask wearers and maskless.  We saw one security guard at a mall standing around.  I don't think he knew what he was supposed to do.

The hotels we stayed at had a diecut sticker on the doors, in an effort to reassure travelers that the room was cleaned, and then sealed to keep it clean.

A couple of hotels put the TV remote in a sealed bag.


Our rooms in general seemed clean, though we did find a straw on the floor of one room.

My wife has ALWAYS insisted on cleaning and inspecting rooms before we settle in to them, and I am grateful for that.  We actually brought our own pillows on this trip, along with various cleaning supplies.

One thing that I personally HATE in rooms are the liquid soap dispensers in the showers.  I like the little travel soaps and the whole "going green" thing I feel is just a way for hotels to be cheap.  I thought the current situation would be the certain

death of liquid soap dispensers in showers but it looks like, for now, I was wrong.

Anyway.....  just some personal observations.

No comments: