Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

M & R Travelers Rest Crow Buttes SD

Before I get away from talking about our mostly South Dakota trip, I wanted to mention a few places I really didn't get in my youtube videos.

I did briefly mention this place in my video on our drive to the Theodore Roosevelt National Park, but I wanted to give it another quick mention.

The M&R Traveler's Rest in Crow Buttes South Dakota was a great stop.  They have food, souvenirs, and clean restrooms.  It looked like a nice place to stop as we were traveling back to Rapid City.

They had a sign up boasting about their shakes so I had to have one.  It was one of the best I have ever had!  I ended up picking up some postcards too, and a couple of other items.  

I talked to the owner of the place who was great, and who also had some ties to my old stompin' grounds in Western Kentucky.

She told me a crazy story about an Indian conflict that happened at the Buttes right by the store.  Check out the marker I have included.  VERY interesting place and interesting story.

This spot isn't that far from Bear Buttes, and it is a nice stop on I-85.  If you are in the area, you need to stop by!







 

No comments: