Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Sunday, February 7, 2021

Random Thoughts On Friday

 Yeah, its not Friday, but I just felt like putting something up thats not a video right now!  Crazy times!

I personally got my covid booster shot Friday and I am looking forward to things getting back to normal.  I am hopin
g that we will be seeing that soon.  I have talked to friends in other states, and Kentucky, in my opinion, is doing a great job, UK in particular.  I got my second shot at Kroger Field and I was in and out.  I was super impressed by the way that place is being run right now.....  and I was thrilled that they were able to get me vaccinated so quickly.  I know direct care workers in Tennessee, and their employers haven't even brought vaccine options up for them yet.

On another topic, a friend of a friend was in a situation where they had a LOT of wonderful Civil War books in their possession that they no longer needed.  They could have sold them, but my friend let them know that their pal Jim would love to have them.  Long story short, I acquired a beautiful collection of Civil War books.

About 3 of the books (all Shaara) I already had, but these were hardcover first editions.  My copies were well worn paperbacks.  So, even the duplicates were upgrades for me.

There are a lot of volumes I have thought about getting at some point, but wasn't sure about tacking them just yet (Shleby Foote).  Well, I got them in this batch of books.

The books were owned by someone I did not know who passed away.....  I wish I could have met them though.  Its always fun talking to someone else who loves books, especially the same type of books you love.

The previous owner of these books was different from me.  They obviously liked first editions, and nice ones.  All are pristine.  I am more of a signed copy book lover, and I am OK with some wear on my books.  I am more interested in the personalities of the Civil War, where this person was a straight up battles fan.

Still, I do plan over the next few years, to ready every book I received.  My "on deck" shelf was getting thin.  It just got replenished.


No comments: