Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Minnesota Curiosities by Russ Ringsack and Denise Remick

After FINALLY making it to the great state of Minnesota to see THIS GUY, I thought it might be fun to read up a bit more on the state- see what else is up there that I need to see on my next visit.

Well, I found an old volume of "Minnesota Curiosities" and read it!

These are, in my opinion, some of the better travel guides out there, and they have been updated (in fact, I just checked and I read a fairly outdated version of the book from 2003....  but thats OK).

I took notes, and I realized that there is a TON more to see in Minnesota than I expected!

There are some cool connections to the movies, "Dances with Wolves" and "National Lampoon's Vacation Movie".  There are a lot of massive statues, mostly relating to Paul Bunyan.  There is a section of Minnesota you have to go through Canada to get to.  AND, there is a legit contender for the World's Largest Ball of Twine.

You can tell the authors care about the state and really sell ya on it.  This is a great book to keep around for future ideas, and its a great book to read straight through just to learn about the "Curiosities" Minnesota has to offer!


 

No comments: