Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Alamo Related Toy Soldiers

 And, just for the heck of it, while I am still on an Alamo kick........  Here are a couple of photos of Alamo collectibles I like a lot.....

The top photo shows some roughly 1/32nd scale soldiers I have painted.  Most are made by the great toy soldier companies Conte, TSSD, and Expeditionary Forces.  The top shelf is mostly well known Alamo defenders.  The bottom shelf is made up of Santa Anna's Army, with a couple of defenders misplaced beside them.

The lower photo shows a couple of action figures I remember from my childhood.

The Little Legends/Legends of the West line was out in the late 70s and early 80s.  They were the same scale as Star Wars, so you could have Davy Crockett shooting down aliens at your creature cantina playset.

I loved these small figures when I was little and I remember my mom buying them for me at some of the stores in Owensboro.

On the right is a very traditional looking Davy Crockett.  On the left is Santa Anna figure who really doesn't look that much like the famous Alamo general.






 

No comments: