Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, December 6, 2021

"Vermont Wild: Adventures of Fish & Game Wardens, Volume 6" by Megan Price

I saw some of the "Vermont Wild" books by Megan Price while we were in Vermont.....  I was curious.

I ended up picking up a copy of Volume 6 in the series at Phoenix Books in Burlington (a GREAT bookstore, by the way).

I love the "North Woods Law" and "Lone Star Law" TV shows.  I also love books by rangers (I've mentioned others here, here, and here.  I also really loved the "Bear in the Back Seat" I and II books.....  that have raised the bar high for ranger books.

The book has 15 stories by Megan with other rangers, and they are sharing their best stories.  All are interesting reads, and most have a bit of an interesting twist at the end.

My favorites involved deception.  A crafty ranger tells (lies) a young law breaker that one of his friends has died to get information.  Another ranger literally cuts himself to get a confession!

Another story I liked involved a poacher being caught because of a complaint....  from his father.

This is just a fun book to read, and its written in a way that just about any reader can enjoy it.


 

No comments: