Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Sunday, December 25, 2022

"Santa's Daughter" by Patricia Yellig Koch with Jane Simon Ammeson


 While visiting the Santa Claus Museum in Santa Claus Indiana (its very close to Holiday World) I saw that they had a new biography by local legend Pat Koch!  "Santa's Daughter" kind of gives her memories of her family, and growing up in southern Indiana.  She does get into some of the history of the famous theme park that she and her family have been closely associated with too.  I actually enjoyed her stories of growing up as a kid as she was born in the 1930s.

I felt like Pat was very honest with her thoughts on life, business and even religion.  I really enjoyed just reading this one, as it has a nice flow.

I have mentioned before that several years ago, while strolling through Holiday World, my brother in law and I saw Pat CLEANING!  We said hello to her and she stopped and talked to us like we were old friends.  Talk about kind and humble!  I have always had a lot of respect for her.

They did NOT have any signed copies of the book at the museum, but the very kind lady working the front told me that Pat was there, helping the elves at the old post office!  They made sure that I had a nice signed copy of the book before I left the museum!


No comments: