Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Sunday, September 3, 2023

"Unsolved Murders and Disappearances in Northeast Ohio" by Jane Ann Turzillo

I received "Unsolved Murders and Disappearances in Northeast Ohio" by Jane Ann Turzillo as a present recently.  As I have mentioned here before, I spent nearly a decade in Cleveland, and I have spend many hours reading about that northern town's history.  It still fascinates me, and I especially appreciated this new volume to my collection of books about the area.

This could almost be a John Bellamy book....  and it has a similar feel to Bellamy's Cleveland true crime volumes, but the writing style is different.  Still, its look, feel and subject matter will earn this one a spot on my bookshelf right next his Cleveland Crime and disaster series.

Some of the stories were a bit familiar to me, but several weren't.  Turzillo's writing style is more to the point than some true crime authors, making these stories easier to read at times, in my opinion.  I definitely plan on picking up more of her work.
 

No comments: