Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Thursday, February 29, 2024

The old "Tropical Breeze Aquarium and Pets" in Owensboro Kentucky


 Man, when I was a kid, I had several aquariums full of fish.  Seriously, it was crazy.  I had a 55 gallon, a couple of 30 gallon tanks (one was salt water) and several 10 gallon tanks.  I might talk more about this some time...  but I really enjoyed them.

Sometimes on weekends, my dad and I would go out and visit just about every pet store around in Owensboro.  Danny's was probably my favorite.  I was there all the time.  A knowledgeable family ran the place and I always loved talking to them.  Their prices were good too.

Annette's was always a winner too.  She was a very nice lady and always had interesting fish and aquarium critters.  

Other shops would come and go.  I remember E & L Pets by the old Lincoln Mall, then they would move later on.  They still have a Madisonville location.  There was a pet shop in the Rockport area I remember visiting a time or two.

Tropical Breeze was over by Gabe's Tower.  At some point, I got this coupon for 10 percent off of everything.  I don't remember how I got it, but it was reusable.  I carried it in my wallet for some time.

I found this one while flipping through a very old scrap book recently.

No comments: