Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Sunday, March 10, 2024

Concert Memories: Lynyrd Skynyrd, Evansville, Indiana 11/5/1993

Oh, it is hard to believe that this one was OVER 30 years ago....  I feel old.  I believe Brother Cane opened and then a later version of Bad Company played, and then finally Lynyrd Skynyrd came out.

This was another show at the now non existent Roberts Stadium.  We were standing on the floor and fairly close to the stage.  My pal Brent took extra sets of ear plugs with him, and I was glad.  My ears were about to bleed with the sound system that night.  I have seriously been to hundreds of concerts over the years, and this was one of the very few times I remember the levels being jacked up so high.

I really remember all 3 bands sounding great, and loud.  Brother Cane had a hit at that time, and I always enjoyed Bad Company.  I think we knew just about all of the Skynyrd songs.

We had a really good time.

No comments: