Mackinac Bridge

Mackinac Bridge
Mackinac Bridge, taken from the ferry on the way to Mackinac Island.

Wednesday, June 5, 2024

"Happy Valley: A Mountain Home Book" by Lin Stepp

While on a recent trip to the Great Smoky Mountains, we had a nice chat with Lin Stepp and her husband at a craft fair.  They were there selling some of their books....  Lin writes fiction, and she and her husband both have put together some state park guide books!

I bought their guide book to the State Parks of Tennessee and I also picked up Lin's book, "Happy Valley" for my mother in law.

The state park book was great, and I realized I have been to several of the parks.  The Stepp's have visited them all, and they have pictures, and descriptions of each.  I will definitely keep it around as a resource book.

I read "Happy Valley" after my mother-in-law read it, and I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected.  It is a Christian/romance/fiction book, and not the normal kind of book I read.  It is very much like a Hallmark movie.  

I wanted to read it though, as it was set in the Great Smoky Mountains.  The characters were sweet, and felt mostly believable.  The book had a very good flow and kept my interest.
 

No comments: